Monday, June 20, 2016

Movies in Review: "Central Intelligence"

Marketing for this movie was definitely heavy, and started early. You could see Johnson and Hart everywhere together. I enjoyed the way they chose to market this film, having these two team up at different events, commercials and social media. It was definitely this marketing strategy that got me into the theater, more so than the trailer. I found Johnson and Hart to be absolutely hilarious together whenever I would see them. I was hoping that this chemistry would translate just as strongly in the film.

I am kind of still cracking up a little off these 2. Honestly, the movie wasn't that great, well at least the plot wasn't, but that doesn't mean this film still isn't worth seeing because Hart and Johnson showed up and showed out. I loved their on-screen antics. They were a perfect pair, each making the other better in each scene. This is one of my favorite roles from Hart, who sometimes can be a little over the top and annoying to me. I was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed him in this movie. These two had me smiling and laughing until the end. However there are some things that I had to look past in order to enjoy this film as much as I did. I tried not to get annoyed at the scenes where bullets were flying all over the place but hitting nothing, and how Johnson and Hart are able to escape impossible circumstances...smh. It's a comedy, so I took some of these things as part of the comedy ~shrugs.


I honestly would love to see these 2 team up again. I love it when a duo works. Sometimes the chemistry between two characters is the best part about the movie. This one aced that...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment