Monday, June 6, 2016

Movies in Review : "Me Before You"

I am truly a sucker for romantic films. As hard as that sounds for anyone who knows me, or may have come across my "hard" exterior. I am an undercover hopeless romantic, so films like this always tear at my heart strings. Every time I watched the trailer for this movie, I truly got weak. The soundtrack in the trailer along with the 2 main characters in the film turned me into a pile of mush...Ugh. This was a movie I definitely had to see. I'm a pessimist when it comes to love, but films like these give me a change of heart...for a day or two...lol.

Get ready to break out those tissues ladies. Not many films like these get me emotional, but this one definitely had me on the brink of shedding a tear. What I enjoyed most was the alluring and undeniable chemistry between Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin who play the main characters Lou and Will. Emilia is perfect as Lou and gives some of the best facial expressions I have seen. Her expressions probably would have annoyed me in any other case, but they looked like true expressions that just fit the moment. She and Will had me smiling and laughing throughout the film. The performances of the co-stars were also great, adding more humor on a hard subject the story touches on.


I thought that I would like this movie, but I honestly loved it. This is one I could watch over and over. This is one of those films you watch after a break-up on a rainy day with a box full of tissue and a pint of ice cream...alone...lol...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment