Monday, June 27, 2016

Movies in Review: "Hunt for the Wilderpeople"

When there is a weekend like this past weekend that has movie releases I'm hardly interested in seeing, I find myself in search of more limited release films that appeal more to me. That's how I came across this gem of a movie, see trailer. Now tell me you didn't enjoy that trailer. I cracked up off the simply hilarity of it all. Of course I was going to check out those other major released movies, but I was looking forward to seeing this one the most.

Omg...I can definitely say I have found myself more disappointed by this summer's movie releases, but this one was a winner by all standards. The story was great, the characters were everything you watched in the trailer and more. This characters in this film have over the top personalities that make the simple tone of this movie so entertaining. You will LOVE the kid who plays Ricky Baker. I am still cracking up off that dude...lol. His performance alone is worth seeing the film, but all the characters were exceptional. I enjoyed the writing, and the simple quirks in the story like the haiku's. My only complaint is that is dragged a little for me near the end, but still ended on a perfect note.


This movie is well worth seeing if playing in your area. If' it isn't in your area, this is one I would watch out for on Netflix or Redbox. Well worth any money you'd pay for it...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment