Monday, December 14, 2015

Movies in Review: "The Big Short"

I'm really kinda surprised no one was more interested in seeing this movie centered around the financial crisis of 2007...really? I was not only interested in the story, but this movie is packed with powerhouse actors. The trailer for this movie had me more than excited to see it. Unfortunately many of you decided to pass on this one, based on box office tickets sales. I have to say you made a big mistake...

Definitely one of the best movies I've seen this year. If I had a top ten movie list, this one would definitely rank high in that list. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Who doesn't get confused when someone is talking to you in confusing "Bank/Financial Terms"? Yeah, well there is a lot of confusion to be had here, but what makes it fun is that the confusing terms broken down in the story in terms that we can understand...brilliant, and humorous. This movie had my jaw dropping and adrenaline going. All I kept thinking about was how this time affected my life, and to see the background story of how this all started...Wow.

Excellent job from the cast, ALL of them. As serious as this situation was for most of us, I liked that they tackled this subject with humor. Although I was still a little pissed. Kidding I'm still pissed at the way the system is set up, but I still enjoyed this movie...lol. The Big Short is getting critical acclaim, and all well deserved. You should kick yourself in the butt if this isn't on your list of movies to see...A!

No comments:

Post a Comment