Monday, December 14, 2015

Movies in Review: "In the Heart of the Sea"

The movie about the big white whale honestly didn't interest me at all. I probably would have taken a pass on it if Ron Howard's name wasn't attached to it as the director. I love Ron Howard's work, so I decided to change my mind and give this movie a go. I wasn't expecting it to be awful, and if I didn't like it, I still would be able to look into those beautiful baby blues of Chris Hemsworth ~shrugs

Not bad...The thing that made this movie spectacular for me was the way it was filmed. This film was visually appetizing. The action shots on the ship, and water scenes with the whale...wow...it felt like you were right there in the water. Of course please note I did see this film in IMAX 3D, and it made the viewing extra special. The story was ok, nothing really to brag about. It was decent but didn't outshine the visual parts of the film. Although the part of the story when the men were stranded...definitely hard to take.

I went to see this movie late, and it was 2hrs long, however my attention was held throughout the film. If you go see this one, I suggest you see it in the theater. This is a movie that needs to be watched on the big screen, preferably in IMAX. Anything other than that may diminish it's entertainment value...B

No comments:

Post a Comment