Monday, November 30, 2015

Movies in Review: "Creed"

When I first saw the trailer for this movie, I honestly raised an eyebrow with interest. I haven't watched a Rocky film since Rocky IV, and from what I heard I didn't miss anything. After 3 failed movies since IV, this is the Rocky franchises 7th installment, and I think they finally got it right *Nods head...Michael B. Jordan as Apollo Creed's son? Yeah I could see that. Now that's a great direction to take this movie. I was just hoping it worked.

Pleasantly surprised and pleased with this one. I enjoyed where they took this story. But what made this movie work so well was Stallone and Jordan's chemistry. It was really entertaining to watch, and I think I should credit that mostly to Jordan. There is a beautiful love story that involved Creed and Bianca, wonderfully played by Tessa Thompson. I honestly enjoyed their love story the most, and would have enjoyed that to be more of the focus with the boxing secondary. But I guess there is still time for that. I think the only complaint I had about this movie was that Jordan was just too damn pretty for this role. It was kinda hard for me to take him seriously as a boxer because the dude never broke a sweat...like hardly ever...lol. He'd work out and not have one scratch on his fresh Jordan's or wrinkle in his sweats...lol. They could have made him look not so fresh and clean ALL the time...smh.

A breathe of life has finally been put back into this franchise...thank goodness. This is a good direction for the film, and I'm looking forward to what else they have in-store...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment