Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Movies in Review: "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"


Ok so I think you're either a Star Wars fanactic, or someone like myself, who could really care less. I have never been able to sit through a Star Wars movie without falling asleep shortly after the movie started...smh. So needless to say I have never watched any of the previous installments, not for lack of trying either. Although movie-goers were all filled with excitement for the release of this film, I wasn't interested in seeing a movie that would have me watching the back of my eyelids...lol. Well I'm surprised to say, this wasn't the case.

First off, let me start by saying this movie was corny as hell. If this falls in line with all the other movies, which I heard it did, you guys like some corny ish...ijs. However, as corny as it was, I did find myself entertained...very entertained. I enjoyed the comedy, and the fun and cute interactions between characters. The movie kept a nice pace which never led to boredom. My favorite characters were definitely Finn and Rey, I enjoyed their storyline and they meshed well together. I only had a problem with that awful wig they stuck to Finn's head. Why did they feel the need to do that? Ugh...

I'm sorry to disappoint all Star Wars haters for actually finding enjoyment in this movie. Believe me I am just as surprised as you are. But I have to speak MY truth, and the truth is I found this movie to be fun and entertaining ~shrugs. It's still corny as hell, but I do have a thing for corny...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment