Monday, November 2, 2015

Movies in Review: "Our Brand is Crisis"

I love a good political movie, and this movie sparked all of my interests. Sandra Bullock is always a hit of miss for me in films, but I am still a fan of her work. I liked how she looked in the trailer and felt this would be a role that was a hit. The cast looked great, so I was expecting the movie to be just as good.

I liked it, although it didn't really pack the punch that I hoped it would. Some scenes that captured my interest in the trailer kinda fell flat in the movie. Thornton was great, but I wish there were more scenes with him and Bullock because their on-screen chemistry made for some interesting dialogue. I enjoyed Bullock, although it took a minute for her character to get rolling. The best scene in the movie was the bus scene. That scene packed the energy that I wish the rest of the movie had.

The movie was cool, and the performances were good, but the movie lacked power and energy. I wasn't bored, but I have to admit, I was expecting a bit more. It wasn't as fun or funny as the trailer...shrugs...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment