Monday, November 2, 2015

Movie in Review: "Burnt"

The trailer for this movie didn't really look that exciting. To be quite honest I didn't really get the story from the trailer either. However I am kinda partial to movies about food, says my inner fat girl...smh. I also have a thing for Bradley Cooper, and his gorgeous baby blues. I wasn't expecting much from this one, but I was ok with going along for the ride...

The movie wasn't great, but also not a complete waste of time...sorta. The story was a little all over the place and erratic. I think if it had more focus, it might have been a better film. There were too many characters but no real background or character development. I kinda think the film would have been better if some of the characters had been trimmed down. Adam Jones played by Bradley Cooper had way too much going on, and most of it made little sense. I enjoyed the food scenes and the sequences with Sienna Miller, and Daniel Bruhl, but the movie didn't feel as if it had much purpose, except for the one powerful scene with the character Michel. It was one of the only scenes that sparked any emotion from me.

The only real thing this movie did was make me hungry. My eyes enjoyed the sight of Bradley Cooper, but other than that...eh. It wasn't a horrible movie. It's just not one you'd race to the movie theater to see. I might recommend it for a matinee, or even an evening in with RedBox...C

No comments:

Post a Comment