Monday, November 23, 2015

Movies in Review: "Secret in their Eyes"

Not too many people had their eyes set to watch this film with it being released the same weekend as the final movie for The Hunger Games, but I did. The cast alone had me sold on this movie. I honestly can't say I was too intrigued by the trailer, but the performances from the cast definitely made the movie seem worth while as a fan of thriller films.

So this is a remake, which I never watch the original film, but I'm definitely interested in seeing the original now. This movie started out at a decent pace as we get introduced to all of the characters, and story. I enjoyed most of the beginning, but I have to admit, I expected a little more. I enjoyed the performances from the cast, especially Roberts and Ejiofor, but the story felt like it had a few holes and left me with some unanswered questions. However the movie did thrill and I was a bit surprised by the ending, but I needed just a little more and I would have totally been won over. With that being said though, I still left the theater pleased, mostly because my emotions were drawn in.

I hear this remake is no comparison to the original. But if you're like me and never saw the original, this one will still do the job. Although the story didn't have enough beef, it still satisfies with great performances, and interesting ending...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment