Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Movies in Review: "A Walk in the Woods"

This honestly has to be my least favorite time of the year to review movies...smh...seriously. Around this time I go through weeks of either reviewing movies I never really wanted to see (because they're bad) or seeing movies I hope are decent, only to leave the theater disappointed. Well this weekend was no different. Nothing was going to get me into the theater to see the reboot of Transporter. Statham was the only reason I followed that franchise anyway, so now I definitely won't bother. Instead I gave this movie a go...see trailer. It doesn't look exciting, I'll admit, but it does look entertaining...or so I thought.

Ummmmm...yeah...not as entertaining as I had hoped. Story seemed fit for a charming film, but everything about the characters was so wrong. Robert Redford for instance was a bore fest. His acting was like watching paint dry, so dull. Then you add Nick Nolte, whose voice was like listening to someone scrape their nails across a chalkboard..Omg. Nolte looked awful and was at times hard to understand. However he was the entertainment in the movie. If it wasn't for him, I probably would have fallen asleep. He and Redford did not match well at all. So what was supposed to be a nice adventure was nothing more than a light walk in the woods. There were a few punches of excitement, but nothing that will make you wanna sit through 90min of this movie...eh...D+

No comments:

Post a Comment