Monday, June 1, 2015

Movies in Review: "Aloha"

So I was less than thrilled about this weekends new releases, San Andreas and Aloha. However I dislike over the top disaster films and have a soft heart for romantic comedies, so Aloha won the toss-up for the film I would waste my time seeing. Yes usually I try to see all movies, but when I have the choice between enjoying a beautiful day and wasting my time in a theater on a movie I know isn't worth my time, a beautiful day will always win. Hence the reason I only chose to watch 1 of these movies. Unfortunately I think I chose the worst of the 2...womp womp.

I wasn't expecting a great film, but I thought it would be cute and somehow tear at my emotions, but it was neither. Rachel McAdams is my go to girl for decent romantic comedies. Although I enjoyed her performance as always, there definitely wasn't enough of her, instead way too much of Emma Stone's character Ng, who I found to be absolutely annoying. I'm a fan of Emma Stone, but she was uber obnoxious in this one...Ugh. Almost every scene she was in ended with me rolling my eyes, and that relationship between her and Bradley Coopers character, truly unbelievable...smh. Nothing about this movie worked. The story wasn't clear, and got lost in translation as we tried to figure out which girl Brian Gilcrest was going to pick, but honestly, did we really care...such a waste of time.

I can't recommend this movie at all. I wish I could have slept in instead of giving this movie 2hrs of my time, but my dedication to this blog had me take one for the team...You're welcome...D-

No comments:

Post a Comment