Monday, June 15, 2015

Movies in Review: "Jurassic World"

Ok so was I the only one not uber excited to see this movie. I mean don't get me wrong, I wanted to see it, but I wasn't anticipating it's release and getting my tickets 2wks in advance just to secure my seat. Honestly if it wasn't for Chris Pratt, I might have let this one pass me by. I was a little confused by the trailer though, and clearly didn't pay attention to the title, because I mistakenly thought this was a remake...but it isn't. So for all those as confused as I was, this is not a remake, this is the 4th installment of this story, a continuation...

Everyone I talk to is giving this movie nothing but high praises. I can understand why, because the best part of the movie came at the end. I found myself on a high when I left the theater, but I quickly had to remember that slight boredom came first, ending in a jolt of excitement...ijs. The movie starts out well enough as we get introduced to the new characters, and Jurassic World (which is visually amazing). Jurassic World is stunning. However the writing didn't really match what was being shown visually. Was I the only one who thought the movie was a little dry in the beginning? With the exception of the tech operator Lowery, who brought much needed humor, I was a little bored. However the dinosaurs (again visual) were a nice treat to look at. The movie started to pick up one Pratt's character was introduced to the story, because Bryce Dallas Howard was super dry in this role, Pratt spiced her character up.

As the movie moved along, I don't know about you, but I wasn't as impressed with the new hybrid dinosaur as everyone else seemed to be. I was expecting something like the new Godzilla, so this hybrid was a little underwhelming in my opinion. I also expected him to do more damage. My favorite dinosaurs were of course the raptors, and that water dinosaur (this dinosaur is amazing!). The last 25min is when things really got into swing and things started to happen. I was on the edge of my seat until it ended at that point, with my heart racing.

Although not better than the first, this movie had its moments, and was better than I expected it to be. No one will notice their disappointment with the first hour or so of the movie because it ends with a banger. I'm not praising it as much as everyone else, but I did enjoy it...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment