Monday, June 8, 2015

Movies in Review: "Spy"

Melissa McCarthy will get me every time. I don't think I care what kind of movie she's in. All I know is if she's in it, I'm going to see it. I'm only saying this because I wasn't too enthused with the trailer with Spy. It kind of just looked silly. Yes I laughed at the trailer, but it still looked silly to me. I think I was more interested to see Entourage than Spy, but I definitely going to see both.

O...M...G...far better than I had expected. Yes it was still silly, but in all the right ways. The comedy was on point. Melissa McCarthy and Rose Byrne had me pissing in my pants with their back and forth. I would have really loved to see the out takes from their scenes, I know they are just as memorable as the scene that made the cut. Can Melissa McCarthy go wrong in a comedy? I don't think so. But you put Byrne by her side and now you've got a work of comedic art. Again, the movie was silly, but also extremely fun to watch. Jason Statham even surprised me with him comedic abilities. He brought sexy and comedy...well done Statham. Nancy, who is Cooper's, played by Melissa McCarthy, co-worker and friend was also a hoot. The jokes were non-stop, and there was no way I could have been more pleased.

This action comedy takes both to an enjoyable level. A comedy hasn't made me laugh this hard in a minute. But it's more than just the laughs, this movie is entertaining and fun to watch. If you need a smile on your face, this movie is guaranteed to do it...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment