Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Movies in Review: "Tomorrowland"

I will say that I was definitely intrigued by the trailer and all the promotional clips for this film. It starred George Clooney, who isn't one of my top actors, but I do usually enjoy the films he's involved in. This weekend was an extended holiday weekend, and I was hoping this movie was worth giving up my extra day off to lay on the couch...but unfortunately it wasn't.

The movie started out interesting enough, well sorta. I didn't really understand the documented filming the characters Casey and Frank Walker were doing at the beginning. By the time the movie ended, it didn't feel like that part was even necessary, and the intro into the film could have been written a better way. However I did enjoy the actress who played the character Casey, she was the best part about the movie. Unfortunately the story was written with too many holes. It was way too long and seemed to lose its focus. The cinematography was great to look at, it wasn't enough to pick up where the story was lacking. Was the scene at the Blast from the Past gift shop really necessary? That scene was the corniest 10min I have watched in a movie in a while...ugh.

This movie had the potential to be so much better than what it was, but the content was watered down with nonsense. There is a decent message by the end, but by this time I don't think anyone really cared. I was definitely hoping to like this one better than I did, but I didn't...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment