Monday, March 16, 2015

Movies in Review: "The Second Best Marigold Hotel"

There is nothing like a sequel to mess up a film that was already great...Right!? I loved the first Marigold Hotel movie to pieces, and didn't feel a second was necessary. But this still didn't stop my excitement to see my favorite senior characters living out the rest of their days at the hotel. My expectations weren't high, I was just hoping this second installment didn't ruin the joy I had with the first.

I am happy and surprised to say that this movie continued the joy I had with the first one. All characters reprised their roles and were in harmonious tune with each other. The best part about the movie, besides the characters is the beautiful scenery, which is filled with such beauty and color, only adding to the delight of the film. I enjoyed the progress that developed among the characters and the hotel, and especially the relationship between Sonny and his now fiance. The movie was centered around their wedding and the expansion of the hotel, which made for great storyline's that meshed well with each other. The humor, and fun are still in full swing with this one, and you may also still find yourself shedding a tear.

I was pleasantly pleased and surprised by this one. This is a delightful movie that is a great watch for all that just want to watch a feel good movie. If you liked the first one, you will definitely enjoy this one just as much...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment