Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Movies in Review: "Get Hard"

You guys know how I feel about Kevin Hart in movies. He's usually hit or miss, and I don't try yo get excited about any of his new movie releases for fear of being let down. However Get Hard was different. You add Will Ferrell into the mix and this looks like something that may be worth my while...Right!? I know we were all thinking that. The trailer looked decent and I wasn't worried about these 2 being able to deliver in the comedy area, and I was ready to laugh...so let's Go!

Smh...wth...I can't...Are we still writing movies like this? You waste the talents of 2 remarkable comedians for this!? First let me say the first 25min of the movie were a total bore...yawn. When things finally got into motion I had a hard time relating to the story, but instead found myself more offended by it. This movie had all the racial, and stereotypical comedy antics that would rub anyone the wrong way today. Everything was done in such poor taste. The entire movie was a big stereotype...smh. It's unfortunate too because Ferrell and Hart were actually great together. I would love to see them in a comedy that had more depth and used their talents better, because this was not it. I did laugh, but how can you not crack up off these two.

This movie felt like it was written for teenagers, not for anyone with some sense. I'm a little ashamed at Hart for even riding with this one. But I would love to see him in another project with Ferrell. As much as I loved the performances of these 2 comedians, I can't ride with the bullshit in this movie...D+

No comments:

Post a Comment