Monday, March 16, 2015

Movies in Review: "Cinderella"

Can I tell you I was the least bit interested to see this movie. It seems that everyone is into remaking all these fairy tales, but few live up to the magic found in the fairy tales...eh. I wasn't intrigued by the trailer, it just looked average. However it was either this or the Liam Neeson movie, and I will never spend money to see Neeson play the same character in a movie again. So Cinderella was the winner. So with no expectations mostly, I went into the theater wondering what mess they had turned my Cinderella into...

Ummmmmmm...Can I tell you this is the best fairytale movie I have seen in a while. It was absolutely remarkable. First let me compliment the costumes...O.M.G! The costumes were amazing! Everything Cate Blanchett wardrobe had me drooling. Don't get me started on Cinderella's dress for the ball...WOW! That dress took on a life of its own as it waltzed and sashayed across the dance floor. It was really a sight to see. Helena Bonham Carter's costume as the fairy godmother was pristine. Everything was so delightful and eye-catching. It was beautiful.

From the trailer I can't say that I was impressed with Lily James as Cinderella, but after seeing her in the movie, I don't think they could have picked a better actress. She captured all the beauty and innocence little girls love about Cinderella. I think everyone was perfectly cast for their roles, especially Cate Blanchett. Wow...Blanchett gave perfect evil stepmother...lol.

I loved how the movie still felt as magical as the story. The beauty and essence of the fairy tale wasn't lost at all. It was absolutely remarkable. I think this is the perfect mother/daughter movie to see, or if you're a fan of fairy tales, you don't want to miss this one. I want this movie in my collection to watch over and over...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment