Monday, March 16, 2015

Movies in Review: "Chappie"

To say that I was excited to see this movie would be an understatement. Written by some of the same people behind District 9 (one of my favorite movies), I knew that I would be in for a remarkable treat if it was anything like this movie. The trailer had me hooked and intrigued, and the filmed featured Hugh Jackman, who is one of my favorite actors to look at...lol. I walked into the theater unfortunately with high expectations but left the theater pissed.

I think this movie kind of ruined my day actually, mainly because it had me wishing I had watched The Second Marigold Hotel instead...smh. Where to begin with this mess? Well first, there was very little story development. I wish I knew more about the robot program, and about the programmer himself. The movie felt rushed and was filled with less than thrilling characters like Ninja and Yolandi, who were just annoying as hell to watch and listen to. I wish the movie centered around Chappie and his maker instead of Chappie and the nonsense Ninja and Yolandi were in to. Chappie was a joke, and should have been developed into a better character, but unfortunately was a waste of time. The movie moved too quickly only to develop into a big ball of nonsense in the end...smh.

Ugh! This movie was so bad, my stomach still hurts thinking about it. There was nothing about it I enjoyed that I would give it praise for, which is unfortunate. I wished I had something better to say about it, but I don't...F

No comments:

Post a Comment