Monday, March 23, 2015

Movies in Review: "The Divergent Series: Insurgent"

I can't say I was really looking forward to seeing this movie, especially since I wasn't that thrilled about the first movie of this trilogy. But I knew it was the movie to see this weekend, so I took my chances expecting nothing more than what I got from the first one, which wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either...eh...

I am surprised to say that I enjoyed this one much more than the first. This movie had more of a punch that the first movie lacked. There were more interesting action sequences, and the movie was more visually entertaining. The cast even had a spark/jolt about them. Shailene Woodley was easy to forget as the heroine Tris in the first film, however that was not the case in this installment. Woodley was the star of the show and single-handedly made this movie what it was. She was kind of amazing, and I was definitely impressed with her performance. Miles Teller added great humor, and Kate Winslet was powerful as Jeanine. This movie is facing some criticism, but I was pleased with what I watched, and I'm looking forward to the next installment.

This movie isn't for everyone. It's a teeny bopper film, but with the improved energy and action sequences in the movie, many of you not in the teeny bopper age range may still find it fun to watch. It's kind of Hunger Game-ish...kinda...so you be the judge on whether this is your type of movie. I enjoyed it...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment