Monday, February 9, 2015

Movies in Review: "The Sponge Bob Movie: Sponge Out of Water"

I am not a fan of Sponge Bob, and probably would have skipped this movie had it not been for my kid, who enjoys Mr. Squarepants. I had no expectations for the movie, I only went for my kid's enjoyment...

So far I think I have taken my son to 4 movies, and this is the only one he sat quietly and watched from start to finish, and by the end he was up dancing to that ridiculous song...smh. The movie only had a running time of 1.5hrs, but I could feel every minute that passed. Now I didn't hate the movie, actually, I rather enjoyed it. I loved that it didn't move away from the character we see on TV. Even when the characters changed from animation to CGI out of the water, they were still fun to watch. I don't really have too much to say about this one.

I think this movie stayed true to its target audience. If you are not a fan of Sponge bob on TV, it is unlikely you will enjoy the movie, but it will be worth sticking it out if your kid is a fan. My kid walked out of the theater all smiles, and that says alot...B

No comments:

Post a Comment