Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Movies in Review: "Kingsman: The Secret Service"

My my my how I love a man in a well-tailored suit! Did any of you drool when you watched the trailer? Ok...maybe that was just me ~fanning myself. I don't think I cared as much about the movie as I did about seeing well-groomed men in clothes that fit...lol...ijs. I think this was the most anticipated movie of the weekend for men who were able to get away from being dragged to see Fifty Shades of Grey by their significant other...lol. I passed on the Grey movie...I didn't even like the book. If you were one of the unfortunate, and missed this movie, you missed a good one.

This movie was way better than I expected, and I think my expectations were about average, but this movie was damn near phenomenal. Your attention will be grabbed immediately. This movie has a James Bondish feel, but somewhat better. This movie is packed with very interesting characters, including the young cutie who plays Eggsy. I loved him, and thought he did an excellent job. I have never seen Colin Firth look so damn good! He slayed that tailored look. The action scenes were well-directed and the story well written. There is excitement, humor, and some may shed a tear. I enjoyed Samuel L. Jackson I think the most. Dressing him as a billionaire homeboy was great for his character. Not to mention all of his quirks that offer the most humor for the film. There is never a dull moment with this one, from the handsome cast, interesting gadgets, and action.

This is the most entertaining movie I have seen in a while, and one that you should not miss. I would see it again if I had the chance, I enjoyed it that much. Now I'm just hoping that they will go ahead with a sequel...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment