Monday, February 2, 2015

Movies in Review: "Black Sea"

I heard nothing about this movie, not trailer, commercial...ok well maybe I did see a movie poster. I guess not much marketing was put behind this movie in the US (it's a British film), but that doesn't mean it still isn't worth seeing. There were 3 new movies released this weekend, this one was released last week, and I still chose to see this one instead of the others. All I needed to see was Jude Law's name in the cast, in fact, his name was the only name I recognized in the cast...lol. I didn't know what I was getting myself into with this one, but who cares, as I said Jude Law is in it! But here's the trailer if you're interested.

Hmmmmmm...movie started out a bit slow. But Jude Law was to busy making my eyes dance around that I hardly took notice. It's a decent story though, that picks up and moves along well. I was intrigued by all the characters, and stories being developed. What I enjoyed about this movie is the sinister twist it takes near the end. I swear my body was boiling over some of these characters, and my heart wrenched for the others. Another interesting tale with greed in the mix. What I enjoyed most is the hope I maintained for a happy ending...

Once the story gets going, it is gripping. Jude Law is phenomenal and looks amazing. You will find yourself angered, and may even shed a tear. I know many of you may not have heard about this movie, but it's definitely one you'd want to see...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment