Monday, February 9, 2015

Movies in Review: "Project Almanac"

I definitely think I have a thing for time travel thrillers. Although all of them seem to follow the same premise with similar story lines, I still find them fun to watch. Honestly, this movie reminded me of The Butterfly Effect, which to this day is one of my favorite movies. This one, however was filmed as found footage, which I also enjoy. This movie premiered last week, but I missed it in my line-up, so this review is coming a little late...

The one thing I definitely loved was the main character David. My oh my, what a cutie patootie. I enjoyed his youth and innocence. It felt real. His co-stars made up of his sister, love interest, and friends were also great and entertaining. David's love interest was a little blah, but her role was small enough not to completely annoy me. I usually like movies filmed as found footage, but the filming of this one had too much movement and was so shaky at times, I almost got a headache. The story was cool, but I wish there was more focus on the back story of David's father, than David's crush Jesse. The story was a little predictable, and their were holes in some of the plot that could have used some mending, but overall, not a bad adventure.

I will say that I enjoyed the movie. I enjoyed the performances from the cast more than I enjoyed the story. This movie has interesting characters, with fun adventures, but it's nothing you haven't seen before. However, if you enjoy movies like this, then give this one a go...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment