Monday, November 3, 2014

Movies in Review: "Nightcrawler"

Well this movie played out nothing like I expected from what I watched in the trailer. Maybe I was texting or halfway not paying attention when the trailer was on, because I got the story-line all wrong. But I guess it really didn't matter to me what was in the trailer, I saw Jake Gyllenhaal, and that's all I needed to see to confirm my attendance for this film...lol

Ummmmmm...Nightcrawler....Ummmmmm...yeah you need to see it. I love almost anything Gyllenhaal has done, but this is definitely on a different level. He outdoes himself as Louis Bloom. There is this bit of crazy with this character that will have you scared as shit. You know how someone strikes fear into your heart while having a normal conversation that involves smiles but whats being said cuts like a knife. Yeah that's Bloom and he had me terrified. Bloom is like a rational crazy person, and I know that doesn't make sense, but that's the only way I can describe him, because you won't see him coming...lol. This movie gave me chills. Standing ovation to Gyllenhaal for this one.

I could say so much about this movie, but all you really need to know is that you need to see it. This is a crime thriller at its best, and there's nothing cliche about it. This movie is totally fresh...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment