Monday, November 3, 2014

Movies in Review: "Before I go to Sleep"

Truth be told, I am not the biggest Nicole Kidman fan. I kinda find her work to be a bit dry and dull, or maybe that's my own personal perception of her...but anyway. I didn't hear anything about this movie, and only came across the trailer when I was researching my weekend movie line-up. Again not a fan of Kidman, but Colin Firth and Mark Strong however, I am, especially Firth. Firth always gives me theatrical excellence, so I figured not even dull Kidman could ruin this movie for me.

Not only did Kidman not ruin this movie for me, she was the star of the show. This has to be one of my favorite performances from Kidman. She played the frail Christine masterfully. I was completely into her story and was rooting for her through it all. I loved how her amnesia was pieced together. The amnesia was a little annoying at first, but the more pieces that were put into place made for a pretty interesting story. There were a few ~side eye~ details in the storyline, but the unexpected twist had me messed up so much I let it go. The thrills were somewhat cliche, but the film had a steady pulse that will have you wanting to see it through to the end.

I enjoy a decent thriller, and this was one that didn't falter. It's not perfect, but it does the job. Great cast performances and a twists and turns that may hit you unexpectedly. I enjoyed it...B

No comments:

Post a Comment