Monday, November 10, 2014

Movies in Review: "Interstellar"

Ok...so now this movie...Honestly when I watched the trailer for this film, I wasn't impressed, but there was so much positive hype behind it I figured I had to see it, although I was hesitant. Can I tell you I almost let this movie pass me by because it had a running time of 3hrs...Uuuuuggghhh!!! Who wants to give up 3hrs of their life for a movie?...Unless the movie is excellent. Thank goodness this movie was damn near excellent...lol

There have been a number of people comparing this film to Gravity, but I guess that has a lot to do with the outer space aspect of it. But the movie reminded me more of Inception. Not that it was about dreams, but you know that thought-provoking migraine you got from Inception? Yeah you will like feel that here. I honestly was expecting to find myself bored here and there, because of the running time, but I was surprisingly entertained throughout. There are some slow spots, but would I edit anything, probably not, because it all seemed necessary for the story. I think a little of this movie got lost in translation for me, but I would love to see it again to pick up the pieces that I missed (I made 2 bathroom runs...smh). I didn't know where the story was headed, and at one point I didn't think it was going to find a conclusion, but then it does and now I find myself on the edge of my seat...Wow. I have to give a shout out to all performances in the film, especially the Robots Tars and Case. They were honestly my 2 favorite characters...lol. I was happy that Anne Hathaway didn't annoy me, she was excellent as Dr. Brand.

Interstellar was stellar. Some of you may find it to be too slow, but I think this is what makes the movie grand in the end. I wouldn't recommend seeing this movie late in the evening, because you will need the energy to pay attention to the story. Every piece of the story ties together from beginning to end. I went to see it in IMAX, but it didn't seem as grand as Gravity was for this extra cost...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment