Monday, November 17, 2014

Movies in Review: "Beyond the Lights"

I am a hopeless romantic, but for some reason I found myself less interested in seeing this romantic drama, which is strange. I don't know why. I liked the trailer, especially the soundtrack, but the story didn't really capture me. I am a huge fan of Nate Parker, and was happy to see him in another role on the big screen. I had low expectations for this movie, and was just hoping to be entertained.

I was pleasantly surprised by this one. First off, they picked 2 of the most gorgeous people to play the leads in this film. Gugu and Parker were giving me life. I can't even hate on Gugu, that girl is gorgeous. She looked just like an up and coming artist dealing with the pressures of success. I enjoyed her story and the message that resonates throughout the movie. A very well written and beautiful movie. Then lets add in Nate Parker...O.M.G! I have never seen a man look so damn fine. I'm sorry, but the man is beyond fine. He was the perfect man needed to stand by Noni's side. It will be easy for you ladies to fall in love with this man when you see him on-screen, I promise you that.

All in all, a very cute story. It made me smile, and sparked something I thing all women need, the ability to find your voice. Go see it, for the story, and the eye candy. I promise you won't be disappointed...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment