Monday, June 23, 2014

Movies in Review: "Think Like a Man Too"

There was so much hype around this movie that I just couldn't buy in to. I wanted to see this movie, although I thought it was a little soon for the movie to be released so quickly after the success of the first one. By the time this movie hit theaters there was so much hype around it, I kinda lost interest in seeing it at all, but I did, hoping for the best...

Ummmmmm...I can't....Maybe it's just me, or everyone just got caught up in the hype because what I was expecting from my fb and IG news feed was an exceptional comical movie, but this movie was nothing like that. This 2nd installment lost so much of the great elements of the first movie. There were some chuckle moments, but that was about it. The character's stories in Vegas were lame and went nowhere, and I think this had a lot to do with the fact that there was too much Kevin Hart in this movie. In the first film each character had their own scenes and there acting skills were able to shine. Unfortunately for this movie, the men were all together and Kevin seemed to be the comedic focal point of the movie. I'm sorry but this movie OD'd with Hart. You know Kevin Hart is doing too much when his voice hits a high pitch screeching sound, and this is how he was for most of the movie. There was nothing funny about that. Will Packer had a wonderful cast that he failed to use properly. Like wth did they do with Gary Owen's character. He was nothing like the man we saw in the first film. Was that fanny-pack really suppose to be funny? I'm sorry but it was corny. Hart screeching throughout the film...annoying. What was up with the BBD scene. I loved the video concept, but really, the entire song!? Can you say this movie was trying too hard?

The best parts of the movie for me was the addition of Dennis Haysbert as Uncle Eddie ~swoon~, and the last few heartfelt scenes that didn't include Hart. Those scenes were really well done. If the story focused more on each individual relation as opposed to Hart's nonsense, it would have made for a better film. I know many of you won't ride with me on this one, but I stand by my review...C-

2 comments:

  1. I am going to ride right beside you on this one! I felt like it was the Kevin Hart show with a lot of mediocre acting from the others. The plot was weak and I felt like it was forced and just trying too hard, though to be fair I did laugh occasionally but I even think that was because I was in the theater and wanting to laugh. So yes you were right on target!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! I laughed a few times, but was sitting there with the screw face for most of the movie because I really wanted it to be good...smh. I can't with everyone else trying to say this movie is a must see...#ICant

    Thanks for reading Staples!

    ReplyDelete