Monday, February 3, 2014

Movies in Review: "Labor Day"

I don't remember seeing a trailer for this movie before it was released. However I did see the theatrical poster for it, and there was nothing really special about it. I guess the only reason I went to see this movie is because it starred Josh Brolin (who I am a fan of) and Kate Winslet (I enjoy her work also). However my expectations still weren't high. I went in hoping I wouldn't come out completely disappointed.

To my surprise, I enjoyed it more than I expected too. I couldn't really put my finger on what drew me into this movie, but I'm sure it had a lot to do with Brolin's and Winslet's chemistry on-screen. It was so magnetic. The back stories of both characters was a nice touch for the overall story. I enjoyed the way their back stories were filmed and added into the movie. It gave the film a little jolt to counter the melodrama.

Honestly it is hard for me to describe this movie. The adjective that keeps popping in my head is "Soft". There was something soft about this movie that I liked. Brolin and Winslet worked beautifully together to make this film work. It may be a little too melodramatic for the men, and it even felt more suited for older women. So with that, please make your best decision. But if it helps, I enjoyed it...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment