Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Movies in Review: "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit"

You ever watch a trailer that looked ok, but there is something about it that misses you, and doesn't really draw you in. This was one of those movies for me. The reason I went to see it was because I haven't seen a movie Chris Pine has starred in that I didn't enjoy .Kevin Costner also helped boost my interest. When heading into the theater, my expectations were very low. I can't understand why, but they were. However, I walked out of the theater 1.5hrs later very pleased.

Jack Ryan was a decent action thriller. It wasn't perfect, but it was exceptionally entertaining. The story lacked a little especially in the end, but the thrills you get throughout the film will likely have you overlook that. Chris Pine was great, but my favorite character was played by Costner. He was exceptional as Harper, although he really didn't do much, but what he did, worked. I'm not the biggest Keira Knightley fan, but I think that has a lot to do with the fact that it's hard to separate her from any period piece film. But in this movie she was lovely Jack Ryan's girlfriend/wife. The best part about this movie was the movement, and the pace of the film. I enjoyed how the story kept me on the edge of my seat and the action was more thrilling than I had expected.

There was nothing spectacular about the writing, story, but somehow this movie still had enough to make it exceptionally entertaining in my book. If you like action thrillers, this is one I think you will enjoy taking a look at...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment