Monday, February 3, 2014

Movies in Review: "That Awkward Moment"

Let me just put it out there if you haven't already noticed. If I know a movie is going to be awful, I flat-out won't go and see it. Hence why there were no reviews posted last week. This movie was very close to making it on that list, but I do have a blog to maintain...smh. Can I tell you how much I did not want to see this movie...Uuugggghhhh...lol

True to form, this movie was awful. Correction...it is only awful to anyone over the age of 24, because the younger ladies in the audience definitely seemed to enjoy it. You know that awkward moment when you really have nothing nice to say. And that awkward moment when Michael B. Jordan knows he made a mistake following up Fruitvale Station for this role...smh. After Fruitvale Station, I was actually starting to see Jordan as a serious actor...Now?...Not so much.

The story was so unbelievably contrived that any adult with sense would find themselves sucking their teeth the whole time. Not to mention that the movie wasn't funny. The comedy in this film was an epic fail. I want to be able to say something positive about this movie, so here is. It wasn't the worst I have seen. It was cute at times, but also way too predictable. I actually enjoyed Efron, which is crazy because I haven't liked Efron in any movie...lol. This is one of those movies you would have on your TV on a Saturday while you're doing house chores. It's nothing special at all...D

No comments:

Post a Comment