Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Movies in Review: "Robocop"

I don't get too excited about remakes, especially when the original films were exceptional. I loved the original Robocop, however the trailer for its remake had me a little excited. Robocop looked amazing in the remake, and I was hoping to care as much about him as I did the original...I'm happy to say an upgrade looked good on Robocop.

This movie was kinda awesome. Robocop looked amazing, but not over the top. Although I think they could have pushed the things Robocop could do a little more. Nevertheless, he was still great to watch. I enjoyed the story of how they took the time in the story the to tell how Alex Murphy became Robocop. I loved the relationship between him and Dr. Norton played by Gary Oldman. Some of the subplots got lost and overshadowed by Robocop trying to solve his own murder, and Alex Murphy becoming Robocop. The story could have used tighter editing, but would take away from the entertainment factors in this movie.

Young boys and men will definitely love this one. It's a fun watch for the family, and anyone who is a fan of the original. They did not miss a beat with this remake, and I'm hoping there will be a second installment...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment