Monday, February 10, 2014

Movies in Review: "The Monuments Men"

George Clooney has definitely won me over with his writing and directing skills. He made me another happy movie-goer with this latest war film in which the story centered around men tasked to rescue art during World War II. I must admit that I am not the biggest fan of "art". So when I saw the trailer, the story didn't interest me too much, but more so the cast. With a cast that includes Matt Damon, John Goodman, George Clooney, Cate Blanchett and more, I knew that I would not walk out of the theater disppointed...and I didn't.

I loved this movie. What a great story to be told, and Clooney did an excellent job of telling it. I swear by the end of the movie, I had a new-found appreciation for the preservation of art, and what it means and symbolizes to not only a person, but culture. You should have seen me...lol. I was pissed about the items that were unable to be saved and felt joy in the items that were. I had such a pleasure watching this movie. The writing and directing were great. I enjoyed the fact that although this was a war film, it wasn't heavy and they made it really about the art, which was beautiful.

This movie is a great watch, if you enjoy a good movie. There is great humor, and scenes that will pull at your heart-strings. This movie is filled with great acting, writing, and direction, what more can you ask for...A!

No comments:

Post a Comment