Monday, April 1, 2013

Movies in Review: "Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor"

Go Tyler Perry! This movie was the hottest ticket this weekend. Out of all the new releases, this movie was the only one selling out shows. I had to wait until early Sunday before I was able to get a ticket...smh. It is clear this movie will come out on top coming out of the weekend, but was it worth all the hype? ..........Let me answer that with a big fat YES!

This is definitely Perry's best movie to date. This film is a movie in the right direction to get the respect I think he deserves from all critics as a director. This movie felt very little like his earlier movies. The production, scenery, wardrobe, make-up were on another level from his other movies. Everyone looked amazing! All the characters were great...even Kim Kardashian...(yeah I never thought I'd say that)...I really enjoyed her character, as well as Vanessa Williams. Jurnee Smollett-Bell did her thing as Judith. I don't think Perry could have picked a better actress for this role. I don't think Lance Gross is the strongest actor, and I was worried that his performance might kill the movie. I am happy to say that his acting chops are improving and he really impressed me. The only problem I had, was that I thought they should have chosen an older actor to play Brice at the end instead of using Gross.

The story is captivating so you won't find yourself bored. This movie is unlike any of Tyler's other movies. It is definitely grown and sexy, so make this a hot date night movie. You and your partner will love it...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment