Monday, April 15, 2013

Movies in Review: "42"

I love a good baseball film. Moneyball left me on a high, and I was hoping to leave with the same feeling after seeing 42. The trailer for this movie left me with chills each time I saw it. I only hoped that it would live up to my expectations.

Opening scene had me in love with Harrison Ford. He own that voice he was giving his character. I never met Branch Rickey, but Ford had me feeling like it was Rickey I was watching on screen. Harrison Ford definitely did his thing.

I have to ask this...was I the only one wondering why they chosen an unknown Boseman to play Jackie Robinson. When I saw the trailer I kept wishing they would have chose a different actor. However after seeing the film, I would like to recant my thoughts. Boseman was a perfect Robinson. He had the look, and the feel of what you hoped Robinson was in his life. Oh and it didn't hurt that Boseman was a looker...I'm just saying...lol. Nicole Beharie plays Robinson's better half, and their on-screen connection  made for a beautiful love story.

I enjoyed how the drama was written, and how the scenes didn't linger unreasonably. This movie was beautifully written, and performed to perfection by all members of the cast. I definitely believe Mr. Robinson would be proud...Go See It...A+!

No comments:

Post a Comment