Monday, April 15, 2013

Movies in Review: "Disconnect"

Many of you may not have heard of this film, but I saw the preview for it 3wks ago and anticipated the release. The plot of modern technology causing a disconnect among people is a very relevant topic that many of us can relate to. But besides the plot, I was also intrigued with the cast which includes Jason Bateman. I looked forward to seeing him in a more serious role. Something different from the comedic roles he has taken in his last couple of films.

I love Bateman, but was starting to lose a little respect for him because there seemed to be very little diversity in his latest characters. Well I am happy to say that his role in this film has renewed my faith and love for him as an actor. I enjoyed all the characters in this film, especially the kids. This film is riveting and will have you shaking your head and checking your own actions with technology.

I enjoyed the story, but sometimes the jumping around between each characters separate stories was a bit much. The movie is also very long. By the time it was finished I had to rush out and pee and missed the opportunity for Q&Q with director Henry Alex Rubin...smh. Other than these minor issues, the movie had an outstanding climax, and I loved the camera shots when the movie reached its peak.

The content in this movie will have you thinking about you own technological crutches. If it is showing in your area, take the time out to see it. Just remember to use the restroom before you do...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment