Monday, February 27, 2012

Movies in Review: "Wanderlust"

An R-rated comedy movie, Wanderlust starring Jennifer Aniston and Paul Rudd, did not fare too well at the box office. One might say that it even BOMBED, ranking a dismal 8th place with ticket sales of only 6million...and btw, the movie cost 35million to make...smh...so that's not good :(. Critic reviews for this film were not great at all, but for some reason I was still eager to see it. This may have been due to the fact that I enjoyed Paul Rudd in his earlier film "Our Idiot Brother", and the fact that I like Jennifer Aniston and I can't help but to root for her. So needless to say, I wasn't expecting much, and after skimming critics write-ups, was expecting alot less...

See...this is why I go with my instincts and not what critics have to say. I enjoyed this movie. I found it to be hilariously funny. I literally laughed at some parts until my stomach cramped, and woke up this morning still laughing. My favorite part being the scene where Paul Rudd's character George is talking to himself in the mirror...LMAO!!! (yeah I'm still laughing at that). There were sooooo many funny scenes like this that you may not care about all the criticism critics threw at this movie. I had fun watching it, and actually would see it again. I enjoyed Aniston in her role, although Aniston's character usually doesn't change, just the characters around her from movie to movie. But who cares as long as it works!

If you're looking for a good laugh I would recommend this one. It gives you the laughs of  Bridesmaids, except funnier...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment