Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Movies in Review: "This Means War"

The opening sequence of this movie had me ready to walk out. The action sequence was all over the place and unrealistic. It played out like a bad video game, and the dialogue was even worse...smh. I guess it was more Romantic Comedy than Action because the action was weak, the romantic comedy was on point. The action storyline was weak, but the romantic storyline made up for it.

I absolutely love almost everything about Tom Hardy...ummmmm except for maybe that over sized front tooth that kept drawing my attention every time he opened his mouth. Come on! Has no one recommended a dentist to this young man yet. If not, let me be the first...Tome Hardy I love you to death, but you need to get that grin fixed ASAP...Now continuing with review...Hardy is sweet as can be as Tuck (love that name...lol). He's the type of dude you would love to meet. Chris Pine plays his partner and best friend FDR. I thought Pine was cute in Star Trek, but his head overwhelmed the screen in this movie...lol...I'm just sayin. Pine and Hardy worked well together as they find themselves in a love triangle with Lauren Scott played by Reese Witherspoon. I was not looking forward to seeing Witherspoon, as I have found her recent performances to be more than underwhelming. But she was better than ever. She captured what we loved about her in Legally Blonde, but made it better and fitting for this character. She was uber cute and funny. Chelsea Handler plays her best friend Trish, and I have to say that Handler was one who kept me into this movie. I couldn't wait to hear what she was going to say or do next. She had me dying with laughter...Thank You Chelsea!

This movie isn't all that. Just a warning to the fellas, it's more chick flick than action. This isn't the type of movie you would run out and see, but its something that is fun and cute enough to pass the time at a discount theatre, or as a rental...B- (disclaimer: This rating may seem a bit high Im actually borderline on a C with this one, but the comedy aspect kept it at a B for me. I actually left the theatre smiling, so that says alot...lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment