Monday, February 27, 2012

Movies in Review: "Act of Valor"

I must admit this movie was pretty exciting. I think it had a great deal to do with the fact that it seemed like a documentary as opposed to a movie. There were a few actors/actresses cast in this film, but for the most part the characters were being played by active US Navy Seals. So don't expect any Oscar winning performances. The use of real US Navy Seals in my opinion, helped the film more than hurt it. As I said in the intro, it seemed to bring a bit of authenticity to the movie that I found enjoyable.

The covert tasks these men were sent on was an exhilarating ride...wow. I loved the camera shots, as most of the men were wearing cameras on their helmets. It just felt like you were in on the action, kind of like a video game. The action scenes kept me on the edge of my seat. It felt as if I was getting a real in-depth view of what these men go through. Their acts of bravery is unparalleled. You will find yourself rooting for each man in hopes that he makes it home to his/her family. The storyline had me uneasy, just because I was left wondering how much of it was actually true. There are some evil people out there...smh.

The dialogue is a little weak and stiff, but if you keep in mind that these are real men, this may not bother you so much. Besides, you will get so much more from this movie in other areas that will leave you feeling like your money wasn't wasted. This movie is filled with testosterone, so I know the male audience will find it more riveting than my females. A good movie for a father and son to see. I liked it...B

No comments:

Post a Comment