Monday, February 13, 2012

Movies in Review: "Safe House"

WHooooooo...he still got it! Although I was looking forward to this film, I still felt I would leave disappointed. I am happy to say that I wasn't disappointed at all! As good as Denzel looked in the trailer, I was a little skeptical about his character coming off the same way in the movie. I thought I would feel the disappointment I felt about American Gangster. Denzel is the freakin MAN! Ryan Reynolds did his thing too...I can't leave that out.


This action thriller wasn't short on action or thrills, just the way we like an action thriller to be. From the opening sequence you are filled with anticipation of what is going to happen. Then once the action gets rolling, its non-stop. You will find yourself trying to put the pieces together, wondering if Denzel's character is on the up and up, or actually a bad guy. But while you're waiting to find that out, you will be engulfed as you see his and Reynold's characters pull off some pretty awesome fight/action sequences. At the age of 57, Denzel doesn't miss a beat! Denzel has always played this type of character well so he wasn't hard to believe in this role. However we are use to seeing Reynold's in more comedy roles, and I was a little unsure about him for this movie. Needless to say, Reynolds fresh look, and naive presence worked well for him as Matt Weston, a new CIA operative who has had little field work experience. Some of his fight scenes bordered on unbelievable, but they bordered just slightly...so no worries. This movie had my stomach in knots and I wold love to see it again. Mainly just so I can look at both Denzel, who flashes those pearly whites all over the place in this movie, and Reynolds who is just too damn cute for words. Ladies if you need help in deciding if you should see this film, I have added some encouragement below. Men your are going to love it regardless...A!

No comments:

Post a Comment