Monday, February 13, 2012

Movies in Review: "The Vow"

I guess I shouldn't be shocked that this is the #1 movie this weekend, especially since its Valentine's Day weekend. I had fun watching this movie at 4pm this Saturday and see the theatre filled with groups of girlfriends, or guys with girls who had dragged them to this movie, knowing that they actually preferred to be watching "Safe House" in the next theatre...lol.

With Channing as the lead, even though he was starring alongside my beloved McAdams, I did not expect to enjoy this movie...but I am happy to say that I did...ALOT. Awwwwwweeeeee (WARNING:men the "awe" is a clear sign that this is a chick flick) it was sooooooo cute :). We all know that there isn't much to dislike about McAdams, if you can find anything to dislike at all. Tatum was the one who was causing me the problem, but I'm happy to say he was perfect in this movie. I think he plays in romantic drama/comedies well, I think its the genres that has his characters stepping out of his comfort zone that gives him the problem. Tatum seemed to be playing his natural self, which worked and came across well. I thought he and McAdams welded well together and made my heart melt. I fell in love with the two of them and their story.

The girls will love it as they sit there wishing for a love like McAdams's and Tatum's characters. Guys take the girl you love, and she will either leave the theatre hating you because you are nothing like Tatum's character, or if you are doing everything right, she will leave falling in love with you all over again...lol. Ladies you are going to love it regardless, unless you're jaded, if not, make it a night out with the girls...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment