Monday, February 13, 2012

Movies in Review: "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island"

Oh how I tire of Dwayne Johnson "The Rock" playing in these PG kids movies. I think your talents and skills could be used elsewhere Mr Johnson. These roles do not work for you at all my dear...so please stop it...smh. But if it makes you feel any better, I am looking forward to seeing you in the new GI Joe movie :D!

Well needless to say, I was not a fan of this film. I thought the story was uber lame, but I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the fact that I didn't see the 1st one...hmmmmmmm....Regardless the adventure wasn't as fun as I hoped it would be from the trailer. The Rock sounded like he was reading from a parenting manual with every line he spoke. Kristin Davis (Sex in the City) had a small role as the mother of the character Sean, and she wasn't believable. Vanessa Hudgens continues to prove herself as a very unworthy actress in this role where she feels the need to over extend herself...smh. My favorite character was played by Luis Guzman, who plays the goofy father of Hudgens character comically well. I rarely find fault in Guzman, so I may be a little bias...lol.

Although I had an utter distaste for this movie, the kids in the theatre were delightfully cheering. But I think that had more to do with the fact that they were just happy to be at the movies...lol. If your an adult trying to see this film, get the free bootleg. If you pay anything more your just gonna be pissed...D

No comments:

Post a Comment