Sunday, November 6, 2011

Movies in Review: "A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas"

Im not a fan of stoner comedy's...you know...those movies that are more entertaining when your high...smh. This is mainly because I don't smoke. Needless to say I've never been a fan of the Harold & Kumar franchise, but I have plenty of friends who love them and are always quoting and re-enacting scenes from their movies...smh. When I viewed the trailer for the christmas 3D version, for the first time, their movie actually looked interesting to me. But I must admit that alot of that interest came from the fact that I have developed an overwhelming love for Neil Patrick Harris...lol. So here is my review of the movie. You true Harold & Kumar fans can tread lightly with my remarks...

This movie was lame...to an extent. I guess it was a little annoying to see Kumar still getting high after all of these years. I really didn't find his idiotic antics to be that hilarious, and Kal Penn just looked too old to play his character, and still act the way that he was. However, I thought when they mixed Harold & Kumar together, it made for a "better" comedy. I thought that the movie would be a bit more entertaining, but instead I found that it ran dull at some points. Thank goodness for the other characters/actors like Thomas Lennon who plays Todd and the baby who played his daughter Mary. Lennon always seems to have small roles in his movies but always makes his scenes count. I love him in comedies, and he was another reason I went to see this movie. The situation with his daughter Mary was hilarious. The party scene and any scene with Lennon and NPH were great, and were the highlights of the movie. But outside of that it seemed that Harold & Kumar have outgrown their characters. It would be a mistake, in my opinion, not to make this the last installment. I think these guys have had a pretty good run, and actually did not end on a bad note, if this is in fact the last one.

The bonus to this installment is that it was also filmed in 3D, and I mean REAL 3D. It is definitely worth the money if you are true fans to get the 3D glasses. The stuff jumps off the screen, which made the movie fun in that regard. Like I stated earlier, I've never been a fan, so the movie was just ok for me. I didn't hate it, it just goes on my list of senseless buffoonery that I only need to see once...C

No comments:

Post a Comment