Sunday, November 6, 2011

Movies in Review: "Tower Heist"

I am happy to say that this was a crime comedy that hit its mark. I was quite surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. Thank goodness they limited Eddie Murphy's camera time, or this review may have gone a different way...lol.

The story was decent, but it was the even better comedic performances that made this film entertaining to watch. I feel that they cast a nice group of actors/actresses, although Broderick and Murphy were my least favorite, everyone else was on point. Casey Affleck where have you been my love...I enjoyed Affleck in this film, but he is definitely way too talented for this mere role. Michael Pena...love him in comedies, and any other genre of film that he plays. I find myself pleased with his performances, and he delivered again in Tower Heist. Sidibe...smh...I am happy that she has been able to do and be more than just "Precious". I think the accent needed work, but her overall performance was a much needed addition to this comedy.

There is so much going on in this film that you won't find yourself bored. You will find that some of the plot is reminiscent of something that you've seen before, but it was still fun to see it played out. Again the ending of this movie was also lack luster. And it lost a few points for me in that regard. To be very honest, I wasn't expecting much from this Tower Heist, but I got a little more than I had expected. Its not great, but definitely not bad...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment