Sunday, November 20, 2011

Movies in Review: "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1"

This franchise just like all others like it, "Harry Potter", "Star Wars", "The Lord of the Rings" etc, either you're a fan or you're not. Unlike the other movie franchises I have listed, Twilight is the only one I happen to like. So this is for all my Twilight fans...

Considering how well it did its opening weekend (283.5 million) this franchise has a super huge following. I admit I did not see the first installment, and only got on board with "Twilight" once they brought in Taylor Lautner as Jacob (team Jacob all the way). I felt that the previous movies were a bit dull and melodramatic, but also somewhat addictive. Well unlike the previous installments, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, and would crown it as the best one so far. All of the actors/actresses have finally matured to a level where they were bearable to watch. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson seemed to have reached a comfort level with each other that was not evident in the previous movies. I also found Lautner to be at his best.

This was the best written story that I have seen written for this franchise so far. The emotions that Bella went through felt as if they cam from a real place. The ceremony scene was my favorite, and Kristen Stewart gave her best performance yet. I honestly didn't feel a dull moment as I felt in the previous movies. I was emotional, interested, and on edge throughout. It was quite realistic to see Edwards reaction to Bella's pregnancy...smh. I swear you men, and even Vampires are insensitive...smh. Once the pregnancy comes in to play, the story really gets rolling, and will totally pull you in. The ending was phenomenal, and I can't wait to see the final chapter. Unfortunately this chapter was so great I'm a little scared that Part 2 wont be able to live up to the first. But I guess we'll cross that point when we get to it. But to my Twilight fans, this is a must see that won't leave you filled with disappointment...A!

No comments:

Post a Comment