Monday, September 19, 2011

Movies in Review: "Drive"

All you had to do was say Ryan Gosling and there was no doubt that I was going to see this film. But it didn't hurt that his name was also accompanied by a pretty awesome trailer. I was looking forward to seeing action at its best, but instead was hit with a bunch of melodrama...snore...

The directing was awful...and where the hell was the action? Seemed like more of a "love story" gone wrong. There was just way too many pauses in dialogue and action. Every scene with Gosling and Mulligan, I swear only five words were spoken, but the scene lasted 10 min...smh. I was expecting to see some fierce driving...hence the title "Drive"...and the opening scene seemed like a good teaser for what you thought was to come. But that excitement is soon deflated as the movie goes on. There was hardly enough car action, and any other action scenes were just ok. The plot was also weak, and for the life of me I could not understand what the character Shannon (the garage owner) was saying...smh. I also could not understand how police never showed up anywhere, and how someone could walk around with a jacket covered in blood all day and not get questioned...Uuuuuggghhhh...I wanted this movie to be good! Unfortunately it lands on my list of disappointments :/...D!

No comments:

Post a Comment