Monday, July 18, 2011

Movies in Review: "Snowflower and the Secret Fan"

This film is based off the novel of the same name by Lisa See. I have heard great things about the book, and when I viewed the trailer I was looking forward to the release of this film. I have yet to read the book. But I sometimes think its better this way because expectations then become higher. I wanted to be able to take the film itself for what it was knowing the book would offer more to the story. Needless to say I enjoyed this film very much, and I am purchasing the book soon.

I don't believe it played out in the same manner as the book, but it was a delightful film to watch on its own. I shed a tear, which hasn't happened since "The Notebook". It made me sad, and smile. Females will probably get more from it than my male counterparts. But I do believe that it's a great date movie...Not a first date movie...might be a bit too emotional for a 1st date...lol. I believe that women should get together with their sisterfriends and make it a night. It will definitely bring you closer and make you appreciate your girlfriends more. Just one warning, there are alot of subtitles (not the whole film) so just be prepared for those who are not fans of subtitles. The movie has a limited release, so if its in your area please check it out. It is also a great view if you have to wait for it on DVD...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment