Monday, July 25, 2011

Movies in Review: "Captain America: The First Avenger"

Well I can at least say that this film was alot better than I thought it would be. Critics have been giving it exceptionally high marks. I mean it was good, but I wouldn't rate it a four star film. I think Captain America has to be the dullest Avenger out of them all in my opinion...don't get mad at me, just my opinion. However the movie wasn't as dull as I think Captain America is though...thank goodness. I did find Chris Evans voice to be super annoying as the emaciated Steve Rogers. Evans voice was way too deep, and it just made his character sound unbalanced. The story was just ok. If it were not for the great acting skills of Tommy Lee Jones, Stanley Tucci, and Hayley Atwell, it could have been alot worse.

The action scenes were decent, nothing that will have you jumping out of your seat. It was nice to see Derek Luke in this film, although I believe his character weakened his strong acting abilities. I loved the humor and I also enjoyed the villain. I liked the ending. It seems that all the Marvel films are setting up for the Avenger Movie, which I am really anticipating. All in all for this film, there were great characters such as Stark, good humor, and everything in between. If you are a Captain America fan, I don't believe that you will find yourself disappointed...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment