Thursday, December 30, 2010

Movies in Review: "True Grit"

Yeah this movie wasn't as gritty as I thought it was going to be. I know it was a remake, but from the trailer I didn't expect it to be as light hearted as it was. It was a little too comical for me. Don't get confused though, it's not straight out comedy. All of the humor is in the dialogue, which there is plenty of. There was more talking in this movie, than it was action, which kind of made the movie drag.

The young actress who played Mattie Ross was one of the best young actresses I have seen hit the screen in a while. She steals every scene she's in, making everyone else her co-stars. She was the best part about the movie really. She had this black horse she called "little blackie". The name is funny, but I sometimes wondered if I should be laughing or take offense...well for the most part, I was laughing.

Not a bad movie, but not a great one either. The movie runs long and slow, so you make your choice from there...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment